Sunday, October 16, 2011

Everything I need.

Some days are just better than others. This has been one of those days. I have been enjoying every single second of it. From really early (too early I thought in that moment) morning to late evening, now in bed with some school work; The Washington Post (I like).

I am a lucky person. I don't have everything I want, but I have everything I need to do it all anyway; wonderful people around me, more courage than I usually give myself credit for and a positive outlook. With that, I survive. And I dot it well. Perfect, even.

This whole day has been perfect in wonderful D.C. I saw the landscape of Virginia. I listened to the President speak. I heard Stevie Wonder and Aretha Franklin sing live. I had a delicious strawberry smoothie. I had a great talk with great friends. I visited the house of the Swedish ambassador. I was sitting in a cab, listening to Stevie, while riding along the Potomac river. I saw a band with happy energy play at the Swedish embassy and got a tour up to the roof of the building.

And as the cherry on the cake - it has been warm and sunny and my nose is a little sunburnt. See, I might not have everything I want, but I have everything I need, which is what makes some days better than others.


No comments:

Post a Comment