Friday, December 30, 2011

2011/2012 – hi, goodbye and welcome.

Welcome 2012.

We've said goodbye to one year and hi to another. Many of us want to sum up what we've left behind and make a plan for what's next on the agenda. When asked to grade the year 2011, in the end, I gave it a 6 on a scale from 1 to 10.

I've said my heart's worst goodbye, which would make the year a 1 or 2. But then again, with one goodbye comes another hello. We go through life, leaving certain things behind, but will for sure be welcomed by something else if we only let it happen. During 2011, I said hi to so many new and interesting places, people and passions, which in the end, all added together, made the year a little bit better than average.

Now, I welcome 2012 with light and great expectations. My only New Year's resolution is to collect phone numbers and business cards and keep listening to my heart, which will always know that life is about farewells and reunions – somehow, somewhere, someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment