Monday, January 9, 2012

Carpe Diem, Tattarn!

One of my favorite quotations is:

"Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift – that's why they call it present"

One of my greatest flaws is trying to live in the mystery – the future, that is. I don't have any particular New Year's resolutions, but I do tell myself that I will try to live in 2012 this year. And as much as possible, stay in the present month.

When speed-forward-me takes over, I always have her think about all the wonderful things she will miss out on if her focus is not here and now. So, 2012 will be the year of here-and-now-me.

So far so good. Yesterday, I enjoyed an absolutely lovely Sunday, just as the Sundays are made to be. A tasteful and long brunch – with two cappuccinos. A long walk, no, try stroll, through Georgetown and all the way up to the White House and The Mall. And that was it. Simple. But simply wonderful.

This city is way too beautiful not to live in, now that I'm here. Tattarn, my dear friend, I know you think it's corny, but: CARPE DIEM [inser silly smiley here].

Cappuccino no.2.

Georgetown University. Or that Harry Potter school, I cannot really remember.

CutehousesinGeorgetown.com.

Mr. President lives here. And a few protesters always live outside.

And this is me – living today! Although, while writing, this picture was taken yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment