Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I will volunteer for the breasts.

As already established, I want 2012 to be dominated by here-and-now-me. And I've decided that that also involves do-things-I've-always-wanted-to-do-me. So just now, I signed up for the Volunteer Newsletter for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in DC. It will take place in early May and I want to be a part of it.

For so long, I've been thinking that I want to volunteer. Do something. Anything. Stop thinking. Start doing!

1 out of 8 women in America runs the risk of getting breast cancer. Every 13 minutes, the disease takes a person's life. In Sweden, there is a steady increase of 1-2 per each year of individuals getting breast cancer. I'm a woman. I have a mother. I have a sister. I have sister-in-laws. I have girlfriends.

In October every year, I buy the pink ribbon to put on my jacket. This year, I'll try something new. Just to know that I have at least tried to help, if anyone I know would be that 1 out of 8. Or that increasing 1-2 per cent.

Stop thinking. Start doing. Let's walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment