Monday, March 12, 2012

Can you smell the light and green?

I was so unbelievably tired when I came home from work around 6pm, but I needed to get some fresh air. Clear my head and just listen to geeky podcasts ("Spr̴ket" Р"The language" Рwhich is exactly what it sounds like, a radio show where language nerds discuss grammar in all kinds of ways).

Out I went. Happy I was, to feel a light breeze in my hair. It was neither hot nor cold. Just nice. Just under 70°F I think. And not only did I feel it, but I could smell it. Knowing the DC weather, it might just flip and be freezing in a day or two, but today, I could smell spring.

That warm and light feeling in the air, the smell of green and new life, yes, even if it rains it smells wonderful. Summer rain. Mmm. It all just makes that big mess a whole lot easier to try to sort out. I was born a child of the summer. I cannot stand cold and dark, so thank God it's getting lighter.

Time to brighten up and think positively about what the future holds. As a matter of fact, I have three very important meetings scheduled for the next couple of weeks. Let's call that some kind of progress. It'll be alright. It has to be.

Don't kick me out, I'm not done yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment